Use of information
- Personal Information that visitors submit through the Site is used and disclosed for:
- the purpose for which it is submitted;
- any secondary purpose related to the provision of Products and Services through the Site;
- purposes where it can be reasonably inferred from the circumstances that you consent to your Personal Information being used (implied consent). For example, your consent will be implied for Us to use and disclose your information to inform you of products and services that We believe may interest you. However, your implied consent for us to do this can be withdrawn at any time by telling Us; and
- Copies of correspondence sent from the Site that may contain Personal Information are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
Collecting information on Members
- As part of the Account registration process, we collect Personal Information about you in order for you to take full advantage of the Site. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
- Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers and an election to receive updates, promotional material and other information from Us. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
Credit card details
- Credit card details and other financial information, which you provide are only stored to process Transactions and will be deleted once a Transaction is completed.
- We may disclose your Personal Information in circumstances where:
- you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted;
- it can be reasonably inferred from the circumstances that you consent to your personal information being disclosed (implied consent as per clause 2.c);
- we have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with Our rights or property, users, Members or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities;
- We believe in good faith that the law requires Our disclosure of your Personal Information; and
- We have engaged third parties to provide you Content, Products or Services and disclosure of your Personal Information to those third parties is required to meet your request for Content, Products or Services.
- We may use your Personal Information to offer you Products and Services We believe may interest you, but We will not do so if you tell Us not to.
- We won’t sell your Personal Information to other organisations. We may exchange your Personal Information between companies within our corporate group to continue to provide Our Products and Services to you.
- If you don’t want to receive marketing offers from us please tell us by accessing the Contact Us section of the Site and completing the appropriate forms. We will act promptly on your request.
- We will ensure each electronic message We send (e.g. by e-mail, SMS, MMS or online instant message) includes a method that enables you to tell Us you do not want to receive future electronic marketing material.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of Personal Information submitted to the Site. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure and you acknowledge and accept this risk when accessing and using the Site.
- We will endeavour to take reasonable commercial steps to protect Personal Information you provide Us in relation to your use of the Site and ensure its security on our systems.
- Our employees and any third parties who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by Us. However, We will not be held responsible for any loss or damage, which is directly or indirectly cause by unauthorised access to your Personal Information.
Collecting information from Global Safety Index Site users
- IP addresses
Our web servers store the IP address of users that access and use the Site. We use IP addresses to assist the diagnosis of problems or support issues with the Site and to analyse the usage and traffic of the Site. This information is gathered in an aggregate and de-identified format which cannot be attributed to an individual user.
- Cookies and Applets
Access to your information
- We will endeavour to take commercially reasonable steps to secure any information submitted to the Site about you and keep this information accurate and current. If at any time you discover that information held by Us about you is incorrect you may Contact Us to update that information.
Links to other sites
Problems or questions